Sunday 20 October 2013

Tom Odell

Last night me and Jamie went to Manchester to see the wonderful Tom Odell. I bought the tickets ages ago when browsing who was playing the academy and as they were really cheap I thought why not, even though I only knew a couple of his songs. We then got to see him during the summer at boardmasters festival and he was incredible and since then I had been looking forward to the gig so much! We headed to Manchester during a very scary thunder and lightening storm but luckily we made it in one piece. We first went for a few cocktails (mocktails for designated driver J) before going to the venue. Supporting him were a cool band called Wildflowers and a guy called George Ezra and they were both extremely good and got the crowd going. It has been a while since I've actually enjoyed a support act let alone like two support acts so that was a nice surprise! Tom was absolutely amazing and I definitely want to go and see him live again very soon! On the way home I googled/wiki'd him and was very surprised to find out that NME gave him a terrible review and his album a 0/10!! He is such a talented singer, songwriter and pianist so if you have read that review and decided not to buy his album then I suggest you wipe it from your memory and listen to him, he's really good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment